Holland America Line’s 2025 European season is now open for reservations, offering travelers the opportunity to embark on unparalleled journeys through the most diverse and destination-focused itineraries available in the industry. With an expanded selection of cruises lasting over 10 days, increased voyages to Iceland, and a total of 62 overnight stays or late-night departures in prominent European cities, Holland America Line invites travelers to fully immerse themselves in the rich culture, history, and breathtaking landscapes of the region.
In an exciting development for 2025, the city of Rotterdam, Netherlands, will once again serve as a homeport for Holland America Line, hosting both the Rotterdam and Nieuw Statendam ships on roundtrip voyages to Northern Europe and the Baltic. Additionally, the cruise line is introducing more enticing itineraries to popular destinations such as the Holy Land region, Iberia, and Iceland. Among the highlights is the debut of a remarkable 28-day “Arctic Circle Crossing” Legendary Voyage, which showcases the pristine beauty of Greenland’s glaciers and wildlife with five stops in the country, along with visits to Iceland, North Cape, and Scotland.
“For Holland America Line, Europe 2025 is all about longer cruises, extended time in port and offering the most diverse range of itineraries from weeklong vacations to monthlong explorations,” said Beth Bodensteiner, chief commercial officer of Holland America Line. “We have 10 departure cities this season, and we are excited to be back homeporting in Rotterdam with two ships, deepening our connection to our founding city. Anyone looking to explore Europe in-depth will be able to find a Holland America Line cruise tailored to their interests, whether it’s beach, history, nature, architecture, fjords, castles or cuisine.”
From April to November, Oosterdam joins Nieuw Statendam and Rotterdam for a full season in Europe, while Zuiderdam sails the popular 35-day “Voyage of the Vikings.” The port-intensive itineraries range from seven to 42 days and are designed for destination immersion. Spanning the entire region, cruises visit the Baltic, British Isles, Canary Islands, French and Spanish rivieras, Israel, Mediterranean and Northern Europe, including Iceland, Greenland and Norway.
Highlights of Holland America Line’s 2025 Europe cruising season include:
10 Departure Cities, Including Rotterdam: Rotterdam and Amsterdam, the Netherlands; Barcelona, Spain; Boston, Massachusetts; Civitavecchia (Rome) and Trieste (Venice), Italy; Dover (London), England; Piraeus (Athens), Greece; Reykjavik, Iceland; and Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
New in 2025, Holland America Line is adding 10 roundtrip Dover itineraries aboard Nieuw Statendam ranging from 14 to 28 days, offering a convenient embarkation homeport for British guests.
11 Overnight Ports: Alexandria, Egypt; Barcelona; Haifa (Tel Aviv), Israel; Istanbul, Turkey; Newhaven (Edinburgh), Scotland; Reykjavik; Piraeus (Athens) and Rhodes, Greece; Stockholm, Sweden; Trieste (Venice); and Valletta, Malta.
32 Late-Evening Departure Cities (between 10 p.m. and midnight): Alesund, Norway; Ashdod (Jerusalem) and Haifa (Tel Aviv), Israel; Barcelona and Malaga, Spain; Belfast, Northern Ireland; Cannes, France; Civitavecchia (Rome), Portoferraio, Portofino and Trieste (Venice), Italy; Dubrovnik and Korcula, Croatia; Dún Laoghaire (Dublin), Ireland; Funchal, Madeira; Gibraltar, UK; Greenock (Glasgow) and South Queensferry (Edinburgh), Scotland; Kotor, Montenegro; Kusadasi, Turkey; Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada; Lisbon; Liverpool and Portland (Weymouth), England; Kerkira (Corfu) and Mykonos, Greece; Port Said (Cairo), Egypt; Reykjavik; St. John’s, Newfoundland, Canada; Tallinn, Estonia; Valletta; and Warnemunde (Berlin), Germany.
- Rotterdam returns to Northern Europe in 2025 cruising out of its namesake city with roundtrip sailings from Rotterdam:
- Seven-day Norway and Denmark; Norwegian Fjords
- Seven- or 14-day Norway and Scotland
- Seven-day between Rotterdam and Reykjavik to Norway and Iceland
- 14-day Norway, Denmark, Germany, Lithuania, Estonia and Sweden
- 14-day Norway Denmark, Germany, Estonia, Finland and Sweden
- Nieuw Statendam offers Northern Europe cruises to the Baltic, British Isles, Norway up to the North Cape, and the Northern Isles of Scotland and Iceland. The itineraries range from 14 to 28 days and sail roundtrip from Rotterdam.
- NEW Legendary Voyage: A 28-day “Arctic Circle Crossing” departs June 29, roundtrip from Rotterdam. The cruise features 15 ports in Greenland, Iceland, Norway, Scotland and England; passage through the Arctic Circle to the North Cape; scenic cruising through Iceland’s fjords; and four maiden calls in Greenland: Ittoqqortoormiit, Sisimiut, Ilulissat and Nuuk.
- 14-Day “Arctic Circle Crossing: Edinburgh Evening Stay” is roundtrip from Rotterdam. Highlights of the cruise include spending Summer Solstice at the North Cape with 24 hours of sunlight, along with a total of five calls in Norway. The cruise also visits the Shetland Islands, England and Scotland, with a late-night departure from Edinburgh.
- Oosterdam will sail the entire 2025 Europe season in the Mediterranean on cruises from four homeports: Piraeus (Athens), Barcelona, Civitavecchia (Rome) and Trieste (Venice). The itineraries range from seven- to 14-days and cover the eastern and western Mediterranean, including Albania, Croatia, Egypt, France, Greece, Israel, Italy, Malta, Montenegro, Spain, Tunisia and Turkey.
- Nieuw Statendam sails 14-day cruises between Barcelona and Civitavecchia (Rome) and Piraeus (Athens), and roundtrip from Piraeus. The itineraries head to the eastern Med, including Italy, Egypt, Turkey, Croatia, Malta, Montenegro and Greece.
- Nieuw Statendam explores the Holy Land in October on a 14-day cruise roundtrip from Piraeus (Athens) that visits Cyprus, Israel, Turkey and Greece, with overnights at Haifa and Rhodes.
- Nieuw Statendam visits the Canary Islands on a 14-day Canary Island Enchantment with Morocco & Portugal cruise departing April 20, 2025, roundtrip from Rotterdam, also including ports in Morocco, Madeira, Portugal and England.
- The popular “Voyage of the Vikings” returns in 2025 aboard Zuiderdam. Departing July 19, the 35-day adventure sails roundtrip from Boston and calls at ports in Maine, Canada, Greenland, Iceland, the Netherlands, Ireland, Northern Ireland and Norway. The itinerary also is offered in 17- and 18-day segments from Boston to Rotterdam or from Rotterdam to Boston.
- In April, Rotterdam and Nieuw Statendam cross the Atlantic Ocean from Fort Lauderdale to Rotterdam; Oosterdam crosses from Fort Lauderdale to Barcelona.
- In October and November Nieuw Statendam, Rotterdam and Oosterdam sail to Fort Lauderdale via Civitavecchia, Rotterdam and Barcelona, respectively.
Collectors’ Voyages Combine Non-Repeating Itineraries
Many of the cruises can be extended into Collectors’ Voyages, which offer the ultimate European exploration. By combining two seven-day itineraries, a seven- and 14-day cruises or longer non-repeating voyages, these artfully crafted journeys up to 42 days combine back-to-back sailings, enabling guests to visit more ports and spend extra time discovering centuries of art, history and culture.
Have It All Early Booking Bonus
For a limited time, when guests book 2025 Europe cruises with the Have It All premium package, the standard package amenities of shore excursions, specialty dining, a Signature Beverage Package and Surf Wi-Fi are included — plus the added perk of free prepaid Crew Appreciation, along with free upgrades to the Elite Beverage Package and Premium Wi-Fi.
Beginning Have It All fares for Europe 2025 sailings range from $1,449 to $8,749 per person, double occupancy, depending on length and destination. Taxes, fees and port expenses are additional.
Guests also can take advantage of Holland America Line’s Exclusive Mariner Society Early Booking Bonus. Mariner Society loyalty members can enjoy up to $400 onboard credit per stateroom when these cruises open for sale. Guests must book these cruises by Nov. 15, 2023, to receive the Exclusive Mariner Society Early Booking Bonus.
For more information about Holland America Line, consult a travel advisor, call 1-877-SAIL HAL (877-724-5425) or visit hollandamerica.com.