Fairfield by Marriott is expanding with 7 new hotels in Japan this year. The new hotels will be located in Hyogo, Kagoshima, Okayama, Saga, Kumamoto and Fukuoka. The Fairfield by Marriott ‘Michi-no-Eki’ project hopes to draw attention to Japan’s hidden cultural and historical attractions, while providing a comfortable hotel experience near the national roadside rest areas.
“We are thrilled to expand the brand in Asia with seven new Fairfield hotels expected to open in Japan this year,” said Diane Mayer, Vice President and Global Brand Leader, Classic Select Brands, Marriott International. “Fairfield is celebrated with a unique legacy in the Marriott Bonvoy portfolio and we look forward to delivering the promise of warm hospitality and inviting experiences for guests who are discovering up-and-coming destinations across Japan.”
The seven new Fairfield by Marriott hotels in Japan scheduled to open in 2023 are:
- Fairfield by Marriott Hyogo Tajima Yabu (88 rooms, opened January 24, 2023)
- Fairfield by Marriott Hyogo Awaji Higashiura (87 rooms, expected summer 2023)
- Fairfield by Marriott Kagoshima Tarumizu (95 rooms, opened spring 2023)
- Fairfield by Marriott Okayama Tsuyama (78 rooms, opened spring 2023)
- Fairfield by Marriott Saga Ureshino Onsen (84 rooms, expected summer 2023)
- Fairfield by Marriott Fukuoka Ukiha (51 rooms, expected summer 2023)
- Fairfield by Marriott Kumamoto Aso (93 rooms, expected autumn 2023)
Travelers can expect a variety of sights to see, from picturesque rice fields to one of the longest suspension bridges in the world. Volcanos, waterfalls, natural hot springs and ancient ruins are also notable features near the new hotels.
For more information on the new Fairfield by Marriott Japan hotels or to book your stay, visit https://fairfield-michinoeki-japan.com.