American travelers can receive a variety of new booking incentives and additional savings during the Discover More sale from Viking. “For more than 26 years, we have invited curious travelers to explore the world in comfort. We focus on the destination, and we design travel experiences for the thinking person. This approach has always allowed our guests to discover more history, science and culture when they travel with us,” said Torstein Hagen, Chairman of Viking. “As this new year begins, we look forward to welcoming returning guests back on board, as well as introducing new travelers to the Viking way of exploration.”
Viking explores all seven continents through river, ocean and expedition voyages that visit more than 500 ports in 85+ countries. The line’s most popular itineraries include:
- Viking Homelands (15 days; Stockholm – Bergen) – Explore Scandinavia with overnights in Stockholm, Oslo and Bergen. See charming Ålborg and Gdańsk, and visit the grand cities of Berlin and Copenhagen. Witness breathtaking scenery from your ship as it glides through majestic Norwegian fjords in the legendary homelands of the Vikings.
- Empires of the Mediterranean (10 days; Venice – Athens) – During this cruise, guests will experience nine destinations, including Venice, Athens, Zadar, Dubrovnik, Santorini, Corfu and Koper as the ship sails the Adriatic and Aegean seas. The ancient ruins of Olympia and the Acropolis are some of the highlights on this voyage.
- Rhine Getaway (8 days; Amsterdam – Basel) – Take on one of Europe’s most-loved rivers in this getaway. Turreted fortresses, grand cathedrals, historic cities, medieval towns and beautiful scenery of the Middle Rhine await guests. This journey explores a rich landscape of beauty, culture and culinary traditions.
- Danube Waltz (8 days; Budapest – Passau) – Guests can soak up soothing steam at a Budapest thermal bath, learn to waltz at a Viennese dance school and admire the Wachau Valley’s beauty on this voyage. Tastebuds will be tantalized by Austro-Hungarian cuisine in Vienna and Budapest. This trip will also allow guests to explore lesser-known Central European cities such as Bratislava and Passau. During an exclusive visit to Göttweig Abbey, guests will witness daily monastic life.
- Great Lakes Collection (15 days; Ontario – Duluth) – This unique voyage will explore all five Great Lakes, from culture-rich urban centers to boreal forests and aquatic ecosystems. Niagara Falls, Georgian Bay, Soo Locks will be stops on this trip.
- Antarctic Explorer (13 days; Buenos Aries – Ushuaia) – This voyage takes guests to the Antarctic peninsula, home of towering glaciers, snow-covered landscapes, immense icebergs and once-in-a-lifetime wildlife viewing. Be one of the few to discover the world’s final truly wild frontier.
- Heart of the Delta (12 days; New Orleans – Memphis) – This journey is rooted in history and heritage. Guests will attend a Privileged Access Mississippi Delta blues experience in Greenville, wherein they will hear stories of famous musicians and civil rights heroes. Cajun and Creole cuisine as well as Memphis’ famous barbeque will tickle your tastebuds. Dixieland jazz, Delta blues and gospel music will be prevalent on this trip.
From now through January 31, 2024, Viking is offering North American travelers the Discover More sale. To take advantage of this deal, call Viking toll free at 1-855-8-VIKING (1-855-884-5464), contact a travel advisor or visit https://www.vikingcruises.com/.