Laissez les bons temps roule! ESSENCE Festival of Culture returns to New Orleans June 29th-July 3rd and this year’s fest is bigger than ever. For the first time, the festival will take over the entire Ernest N. Morial Convention Center to showcase the best in entertainment, empowerment and education. Festival goers can expect the hottest performances, summits, panels, and exclusive content that covers everything from music, wellness, films and economic empowerment. If that’s not enough, there will even be a special celebration for Hip-Hop’s 50th anniversary and the debut of Beautycon, AFROPUNK and ESSENCE Studios.
Featured brands are:
- AFROPUNK BLKTOPIA*
- ESSENCE Authors™
- Beautycon: ESSENCE Festival of Culture™ Edition*
- ESSENCE Stage™
- ESSENCE Studios Film Festival™
- ESSENCE Food and Wine Festival™
- ESSENCE Get Lifted™: Gospel Celebration
- ESSENCE In His Zone™: Men’s Experience
- ESSENCE Community Corner™
- Soko Market™ Powered by ESSENCE
- Soko NO.LA™ Powered by ESSENCE
- ESSENCE Wellness House™
- ESSENCE Girls United Creators House™*
- ESSENCE Global Black Economic Forum™
- ESSENCE Family Day™: The Block Party
2023 will also welcome some incredible new experiences at the festival. The highlights are:
- Several Black-owned retail and food vendors, hosted by Soko No.LA powered by ESSENCE, in one location to celebrate and showcase local Black businesses.
- The Global Black Economic Forum welcomes trailblazers like TV host/actress Sherri Sheppar, actors Sheryl Lee Ralph and Tyler James Williams and Reverend Al Sharpton.
- Vice President Kamala Harris and senior Biden-Harris Administration officials will discuss ongoing efforts to advance equity and opportunity for Black Americans and communities across the country.
- ESSENCE Girls United Creators House will have celebrity speakers/appearances from India Love, London Zhiloh, Tasha McCaskiel, DJ Spinelli, Antoine Gregory and more.
- ESSENCE in His Zone: Men’s Experience will have speakers Rick Ross, Jim Jones, Maino, Lance Gross, Cortez Bryant and more.
- ESSENCE Family Day: The Block Party will celebrate New Orleans. This takes place right in the heart of Tremé, the oldest Black neighborhood in the United States. Local vendors, food and the community’s music scene will be on display. Soul Rebels and special guest Big Freedia, The Original Pinettes Brass Band and Tonya Boyd-Cannon are some of the featured performers.
- Club Quarantine, started by award-winning artist D-Nice, will return in person as Club Quarantine Live After Dark, a special three-night event series celebrating music, life and love in Nola.
Hulu will be streaming the festival from June 30th-July 2nd to subscribers at no additional cost. Those tuning in can see virtual-only content and highlights from the daytime experiences. Additionally, you can watch incredible live performances from Ms. Lauren Hill, Missy Elliott, Megan Thee Stallion, Janelle Monáe, Juvenile and more! For more information on ESSENCE Festival of Culture or to purchase tickets, visit www.ESSENCEFestival.com.